Puri Rath Yatra: Chariot Pulling At 12 Noon Tomorrow; Details Of Rituals Here
Puri: Following the go-ahead from the Supreme Court, the Jagannath Temple committee on Monday said that the rituals for Rath Yatra will begin at 3 am inside the 12th-century shrine.
The Pahandi ritual (procession) will began at 7 am and the sibling deities will board the chariots at the Singha Dwara facing towards the Gundicha Temple by 10 am. The Chherapahara ritual will be held at 11.30 am.
The chariots will be pulled thereafter, around 12 pm.
The Schedule For Tuesday
- ‘Mangala Aalati’ ritual of the sibling deities will be performed at 3 am followed by ‘Mailama’ and ‘Tadapa Lagi’ at the temple.
- ‘Abakasha’ ritual of the deities will be performed at 4.30 am.
- ‘Gopal Ballava’ and ‘Sakala Dhoopa’ will be held from 5:30 am to 6:45 am.
- The ‘Ratha Pratishta’ ritual will be observed at 6:45 am.
- The ‘Pahandi ritual’ (procession) will begin at 7 am.
- The sibling deities will board the chariots at the Singha Dwara facing towards the Gundicha Temple by 10 am.
- ‘Madan Mohan Bije’ will be held from 10 am to 10.30 am.
- ‘Chita Lagi’ of the deities will begin at 10.30 am and conclude at 11 am.
- ‘Chherapahara’, a major ritual of the annual festival, will be held at 11.30 am.
- Pulling of the three chariots will begin at noon.
- ‘Chherapahara’ will be between 11.30 am and 12.15 pm. Servitors will attach horses and charioteers to the three chariots during this period.