Rail Roko Protest In Odisha, 2 More States: ECoR Cancels 2 Trains For Today, Diverts 5
Bhubaneswar: Train services are likely to be affected from Wednesday morning due to the rail roko agitation by Adivasi Kudmi Samaj in Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand, the East Coast Railway (ECoR) informed on Tuesday.
Bhubaneswar-Dhanbad Express, leaving Bhubaneswar this evening, has been cancelled, and trains like Duronto, Kalinga Utkal and Rajdhani are likely to be diverted, it said.
Trains cancelled on September 19
1. 02832 – Bhubaneswar-Dhanbad Special
2. 12876 – Anand Vihar-Puri Neelachal Express from Ananvihar
Diversion of trains leaving originating station on September 19
1. 12801/12802 – Puri-New Delhi-Puri Puroshottam Express from both sides will run via Bhadrak – Hijli – Midnapur – Adra – Gomoh.
2. 18477/18478 – Puri -Rishikesh-Puri Kalinga Utkal Express from both sides will run via Sambalpur City – Jharsuguda Road – Ib route .
3. 22824 – New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express from New Delhi will run via Gomoh – Adra – Midnapur – Hijli – Bhadrak.
4. 13351/13352 – Dhanbad-Allepey-Dhanbad Express from both sides and 18310 Jammu Tawi-Sambalpur Express will run via Ranchi-Tori route.
While the last agitation over ST status and inclusion of Kudmali language in the 8th schedule, last for six days, the Kudmi community has called for an indefinite ‘Rail Teka-Dagar Chheka’ (rail blockade movement) at eight railway stations across Jharkhand, West Bengal, and Odisha from September 20.