Raipur Announces Strict Lockdown From September 21
Raipur: Due to a spike in coronavirus cases, Collectorate and District Magistrate has decided to impose under section 144 in Chhattisgarh capital Raipur from September 21.
The officials informed that the entire Raipur district will be declared a containment zone. “Every day we are getting 900-1000 COVID positive cases despite several attempts to contain the virus. To break the chain of fast-spreading coronavirus, it has become important to declare the entire Raipur district as a containment zone,” read an official statement.
Section 144 is being imposed in the district from 9 pm on September 21 till the midnight of September 28. The border of the district will also be sealed.
Know what will be allowed/not allowed/partially allowed
- Medical shops allowed to remain open during stipulated time, home deliveries of medical supplies given priority.
- Petrol pumps will be operative only for state-run vehicles, ambulances, LPG vehicles and private vehicles with medical emergency.
- Pet shops and aquarium will be open from 6 am to 8 am and 5 pm to 6.30 pm. Milk vendors and shops have been allowed from 6 am to 8 am and 5 pm to 6.30 in the evening.
- LPG cylinder distributors are allowed to take orders only via telephone and have to provide home delivery.
- Alcohol shops will remain closed.
- Industrial activities are permitted for only those who let construction workers or labourers stay within the campus.
- Places of religious importance, tourists spots will remain completely shut for all.
- All central, state, public and private offices will remain closed during the lockdown period.
- No gathering or procession will be allowed.
- E-pass permit is mandatory for emergency situations. Moreover, only three people along with the driver are allowed in a four-wheeler while only two people are allowed in a two-wheeler.
Till Saturday, Raipur has registered over 26,000 COVID-positive cases.