Mumbai: Rishi Kapoor had become a star overnight after playing the lead role in Raj Kapoor’s ‘Bobby’ in 1973.
However, it was only in his second innings that the veteran actor showcased his true acting skills by picking up versatile character roles.
In an interview with PTI, Rishi Kapoor said, “For the first 25 years of my career, I did nothing but sing and dance. In my second innings, I have got the chance to act.”
Here’s a list of the memorable roles he played in his second innings:
- Rishi Kapoor, who always played a romantic hero in his first innings, didn’t hesitate to pick the role of a villain (Rauf Lala) in 2012’s Agneepath. His acting was quite impressive and was lauded by one and all.
- In 2016, he portrayed the character of a curious and fun-loving grandfather in Kapoor & Sons.
- In 2018, he played the character of an upright yet helpless man, Murad Ali Mohammed in Mulk.
- In 2010, he played the role of Santosh Duggal, a maths teacher in the movie Do Dooni Chaar.
- He played the role of Babulal Vakharia, a dour and heart-broken 75-year old son, in the movie 102 Not Out.