Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 death toll in Odisha rose to 120 on Friday with six more patients succumbing to the virus in the last 24 hours.
Three deaths were reported from Ganjam, and one each from Gajapati, Rayagada and Bhadrak district.
Details of the deceased:
- A 44-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from diabetes.
- A 71-year old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from diabetes, hypertension and chronic kidney disease.
- A 53-year old male of Gajapati district.
- A 59-year old female of Ganjam district.
- A 50-year old female of Ganjam district.
- A 60-year old male of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
They succumbed while undergoing treatment, the Health Department sources said.
With the six new deaths, the virus has so far claimed 70 lives in Ganjam, 15 in Khurda, nine in Cuttack, seven in Gajapati, three in Rayagada, two each in Jagatsinghpur, Puri, Bhadrak, Kendrapada, Angul and Sundargarh, and one each in Bargarh, Jajpur, Kandhamal and Nayagarh.