Bhubaneswar: Twin City Police Commissioner Dr Sudhanshu Sarangi on Friday said that the new two-week lockdown will be stricter than previous ones.
Here are the brief pointers from the press conference:
- Strict action will be taken against people using motorbikes to get groceries and vegetables
- Government officials will have to use their own ID cards along with mobilization letters issued by their senior authorities mentioning their duty. “Don’t misuse pass issued for official purpose during the lockdown. They are not provided for personal use, ” Sarangi said.
- Media has been asked to limit staff. Passes will not be issued but they will be allowed to use ID cards for movement.
- Apart from marriages and funerals, no other congregation allowed
- Dhabas on highways to remain open only for takeaways. Highway traffic on the national highway will not be stopped.
- No person will be allowed to enter and exit the city for other than emergency services
- The weekend shutdown has been lifted. Shops selling vegetables and groceries will be allowed to operate from 6 am to 1 pm
- Banks will operate with 25 per cent staff
- “We are making adequate arrangements to ensure that people do not face problems in purchasing essential commodities from nearest markets during the 14-day lockdown in twin cities of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar,” assured Sarangi.