Mumbai: Kriti Sanon has completed six years in Bollywood. The talented actress made a promising debut with Tiger Shroff in Sajid Nadiadwala’s film, ‘Heropanti’.
Her performance received critical acclaim and she got the award for best debutant (female) at the prestigious Filmfare Awards ceremony. The film was a commercial success.
Her cute looks and screen presence has won her thousands of admirers after her debut performance.
“This was my first ever Bollywood poster that was released… and the feeling was surreal! I woke up earlier than usual, jumped out of bed and ran out to see the front page of the newspaper!!
From that day till now- I’m living my dream!
Forever grateful to @nadiadwalagrandson #SajidSir @wardakhannadiadwala and @sabbir24x7 sir for getting me into this magical world of movies. Forgiving me the best launch ever.. and @tigerjackieshroff I’m so glad I started my journey with you… happy 6 year anniversary Tiggy!
I absolutely LOVE what I do… and I just can’t wait to be back on a film set in front of the camera doing what excites me the most- Acting, Performing and Just BEING.
View this post on Instagram
#6YearsOfHeropanti This was my first ever bollywood poster that released.. and the feeling was surreal! I woke up earlier than usual, jumped out of bed & ran out to see the front page of the newspaper!! From that day till now— I’m living my dream! 💖💖 Forever Grateful to @nadiadwalagrandson #SajidSir @wardakhannadiadwala & @sabbir24x7 sir for getting me into this magical world of movies.. ✨🎬🎞🎥 For giving me the best launch ever.. and @tigerjackieshroff I’m so glad i started my journey with you..happy 6year anniversary Tigy!🤗❤️ I absolutely LOVE what i do.. and i just cant wait to be back on a filmset in front of the camera doing what excites me the most- Acting, performing and just BEING! ❤️💃🏻 #6YearsOfKritiSanon
Let’s take a look at her career graph in Bollywood:
1. Heropanti (2014): Kriti started her Bollywood career with ‘Heropanti’. The film was a commercial success and critics praised her portrayal of ‘Dimpy’. She bagged a number of awards including Filmfare.
2. Dilwale (2015): Her second film, released a year later, was a star-studded affair with Rohit Shetty at the helm and Varun Dhawan, Shahrukh Khan and Kajol as her co-stars. It was one of the highest earning films of 2015.
3. Raabta (2017): Her third film, Raabta, was a commercial failure, but the talented actress stood out. She learnt action sequences and performed all of them without body doubles.
4. Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017): This Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari-directed movie is one of her best till date. It was her performance in ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’ that forced many directors and producers to take her seriously as an actor.
5. Lukka Chuppi (2019): This modern romantic comedy helped her stake claim as an A-listerd actress.
6. Arjun Patiala (2019): A romantic comedy, in which she was paired with Punjabi singer-actor Diljit Dosanji. Her fans loved her role but the film didn’t too well at the box-office.
7. Housefull 4 (2019): Cast in this multi-starrer comedy sequel with Bollywood biggie Akshay Kumar, it added another feather in Kriti’s cap. The film was a super hit.
8. Panipat (2019): She got her first role in a period drama, in Ashutosh Gawarikar’s Panipat. She again praised impressed her fans in a Marathi avatar, though the film wasn’t a success at the box-office.
Kriti’s next release, a film called ‘Mimi’, is the story of a surrogate mother. That will be followed by ‘Bachchan Pandey’ with Akshay Kumar.