Tata Power All Set To Expand Distribution & Supply In North-East Odisha

0

Balasore: Tata Power on Monday announced it has received Letter of Intent (LoI) from Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) for the distribution and retail supply of electricity in five circles of North Eastern Electricity Supply Company of Odisha Limited (NESCO) — Balasore, Bhadrak, Baripada, Jajpur and Keonjhar — in north-eastern Odisha.

India’s largest integrated power utility will hold 51 per cent equity with management control while the state-owned GRIDCO will have remaining 49 per cent equity stake in the company.

With this expansion, Tata Power will now serve the entire population of Odisha covering nearly 9 million consumers.

The expansion will cover a geographical spread of more than 27,500 sq km and will serve 1.9 million consumers in the region with annual input energy of 5450 MUs.

“It is a proud moment to have been given the opportunity to serve people of Odisha. We are committed to provide reliable, affordable and quality power supply along with superior customer service, backed by innovative technology. We are thankful to the Odisha Government and Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission for giving us this opportunity and reaffirming Tata Power’s commitment of ‘Lighting up Lives’ for the people of Odisha,” said Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power.

Also Read: Know New Name Of Power Utilities Wesco & Southco In Odisha After Tata Power Takeover

Also Read: Tata Power Takeover Of CESU On June 1

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.