Top 8 Best Places To Visit In Kerala
The serene and majestic Kerala, off the Malabar coast, lies between the Western Ghats mountains and the Arabian Sea. Popular as ‘God’s own country’ this beautiful place has enchanting backwaters. Besides exploring the hills, you can indulge in wildlife, adventure sports, beaches, and rich cultural heritage and glorious history.
When you are planning your Kerala honeymoon Vacation Packages, don’t forget to include the following 8 best places to visit in Kerala:
- Munnar: The pleasant climate, the fragrant breeze, and the panoramic views of the fresh green tea plantations make Munnar a well-appreciated honeymoon destination. Located at a height of 1600 m, together, you can explore the rolling hills, misty mountains, and lofty clouds. Moreover, you can stay in a tree house, visit the waterfalls, love boating, and go trekking. The top sites comprise, Echo Point, Eravikulam National Park, and Mattupetty Dam.
- Alleppey: Fondly called ‘Venice of the East’ and ‘Backwater Capital of India’, it is noted for the amazing backwaters and bountiful nature. You can enjoy the beautiful scenes along with a freshly prepared meal in a houseboat. Located on the azure Vembanad Lake, it is popular for Ayurveda, cruises, kayaking, village walks, and backwater tours.
- Kovalam: Situated on the captivating coastline of the Arabian Sea, it is famous for its three pristine beaches- Hawah, Samudra, and Lighthouse, with shallow waters and low tidal waves. You can go surfing, wood and motorboat riding. Visit the Neyyar Dam, Rock-cut Cave Temple, Vizhinjam Marine Aquarium, Sunset Point Cape, Naipar Art Museum, Valiyathura Pier, and Samudra Beach Park. You can spend a relaxed holiday here.
- Wayanad: Nestled in the Western Ghats, it has the highest elevation of 2240 meters. It adorns the northern hills of Kerala and acts as the boundary for the state’s greener part. You can enjoy trekking, forest trails, camping, and clicking some unforgettable pictures. It also offers you soothing weather, untouched woods, mist-laden mountains, and widespread tea, coffee, and spice plantations. You will marvel at the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Edakkal Caves, and Ambukuthi Hills.
- Bekal: Famous for its ancient forts, backwaters, lush greenery, and serene beaches, Bekal is also a romantic gateway. You can soak in the charismatic silence of the place. The namesake giant keyhole-shaped fort is the largest and the best-preserved fort in the entire state of Kerala. You can also visit the Nithyananda Ashram Caves consisting of a set of 45 caverns. Go for relaxing Ayurvedic therapies and massages.
- Kumarakom: It welcomes all its tourists with the graceful charm of the Vembanad Lake. There are also evergreen coconut grooves and breezy rice fields for you to explore. You can indulge in fun activities like fishing, boating, and bird watching. Again, you can visit popular places like Bay Island Driftwood Museum, Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, and Kumarakom beach. Together, watch the sunset over the sprawling eco-friendly meadows.
- Thekkady: One of the major honeymoon destinations in Kerala, the town of Thekkady has derived its name from the word ‘thekku’ or teak. It has a remarkable amount of unspoiled wildlife, exotic species of animals and birds, and forests. Hence, it is a paradise for nature lovers and enthusiasts. It offers you thrilling adventures and sports like jungle night patrolling, jeep safari, border hiking, and boating. You can visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Gavi Forest, Elephant Junction, Green Park Ayurvedic, Spice Plantations, 120-year-old Surki Dam, sprawling vineyards, Mullaperiyar Dam, Mangla Devi Temple, and much more.
- Poovar Island: With the majestic Western Ghats on the West, and the Arabian Sea on the east, Poovar Island is an equally scenic honeymoon gateway. It is enveloped in the alluring and tranquil Kerala backwaters. You will notice the rare condition of the lake, the river, the sea, and the beach fulfilling the land. If you can stay in a unique resort or luxury cottage, you can enjoy the beauty from close quarters. You can visit The Fishing Village, Thirparappu Falls, Vizhinjam, and Poovar Beach.
Thus, Kerala is undoubtedly the ideal backdrop for your romantic adventures and escapades. It is a bewitching escape within your time and budget frame. You can pre-book a honeymoon package for the best deals and offers. Moreover, on a honeymoon trip, you can have a hassle-free and lifetime experience.