TV Actor Siddhaanth Vir Surryavanshi Dies After Collapsing In Gym; Know The Celebs Who Passed Away After Workouts
Bhubaneswar: Another celebrity breathed his last after collapsing in the gym.
TV actor Siddhaanth Vir Surryavanshi, who was recently seen in Kyun Rishton Mein Katti Battijust, suffered a cardiac arrest while working out on Friday. The 46-year-old could not be revived and passed away at 11 am.
Siddhaanth was on the treadmill when he suddenly collapsed and fell. He was rushed to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, where doctors tried to revive him for 45 minutes without success.
Siddhaanth was married to model, VJ and fashion choreographer Alesia Raut. They tied the knot in November 2017. It was the second marriage for both Siddhaanth and Alesia. Alesia has a son from her first marriage, while Siddhaanth has a daughter from his previous marriage.
Siddhaanth made his television debut with Kkusum, and thereafter was a part of popular serials like Krishna Arjun and Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
He played the role of Major Param Shergill in Ziddi Dil Maane Na, as well lead character Rishi in Grihasti.
He also appeared in TV shows like, Virrudh, Bhagyavidhaata and Kya Dill Mein Hai.
He was a fitness enthusiast, and his last post on social media was an endorsement where he promoted supplements.
View this post on Instagram
Siddhaanth’s death brought back sad memories of a number of other celebrities who suffered heart attacks while working out:
- Raju Srivastava was admitted to AIIMS Delhi after he experienced chest pain while working out at the gym. He passed away after a long fight on September 21.
- Salman Khan’s 50-year-old body double Sagar Pandey passed away during a gym workout in October.
- South superstar Puneeth Rajkumar died at 46 on October 29, 2021. He suffered cardiac arrest while working out and died while being rushed to hospital.
- Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai’s Malkhan AKA Deepesh Bhan went to the gym at around 7 am and collapsed when he stopped to play cricket in his building’s compound.
- Popular TV and film actor Abir Goswami died of a heart attack at a Mumbai gym in 2013. He was 38.
Some other celebrities also died of heart attack in recent past:
- Bollywood singer Krishnakumar Kunnat, popularly known as KK, passed away at the age of 53 after suffering heart attack post his musical concert at Kolkata on May 31. The ‘Khuda Jane’ singer complained of uneasiness after returning to his hotel and was rushed to hospital, but didn’t survive.
- Another fitness freak, 40-year-old Balika Vadhu star Sidharth Shukla, succumbed to a sudden heart attack on September 2 last year. A smoker, Sidharth though did not have a history of heart disease.
- Popular Marathi actor Pradeep Patwardhan, known for his performance in movies like Chashme Bahaddar, Ek Shodh and Mee Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy, died at 64 on August 9 after suffering from a heart attack at his residence.
- Mahabharat star Praveen Kumar Sobti breathed his last on February 7 at his home after suffering heart attack. TYhe 74-year-old is remembered for his role of Bheem in the TV series.
- Veteran Bollywood actress Surekha Sikri, who was seen in Badhai Do and Balika Vadhu, died due to cardiac failure at 75 on July 16, 2021. She was hospitalised for atrial fibrillation, ischemic heart disease, and cerebrovascular accident.
- Arvind Trivedi, the actor who best known for his role as Raavan in Ramayan, passed away on October 5, 2021, after suffering a heart attack at the age of 82.