Nabarangpur: Amid rising COVID-19 cases, the Nabarangpur administration has announced a two-day shutdown in the entire district from Saturday (August 15) 12 noon.
It will remain in force till 5 am on August 17, informed Nabarangpur Collector Ajit Kumar Mishra. There will be restrictions on the movement of people and non-essential activities during this period, he added.
The district was earlier shut for a period of three days till the midnight of August 10 to check the spread of the deadly virus. So far, a total of 454 COVID-19 cases have been reported.
Section 144 (2) prohibiting the movement of individuals will also be clamped during the shutdown.
- No gathering of persons will be allowed in Nabarangpur district jurisdiction in any public or private places except gathering inside house or house premises.
- Non-essential gatherings and assemblies such as seminars, workshops, and conferences are to be cancelled.
- Social gatherings and assemblies like religious functions, marriage receptions, parties etc. shall not be conducted.
- No Marriage Barat/Opera shows / and other functions shall be organized.
- No Political rally/gathering for agitation should be conducted.
- Any type of Kalyan Mandap shall not be permitted to any functions where public gathering possibilities.
- AII hotels where people stay on a regular basis coming from outside should keep all precautionary measures of COVID-19 like sanitizer and isolation room during the period.
- Anybody with signs and symptoms like cough, fever or difficulty in breathing should call the district helpline No.06858-222459, Mobile No.9439988787, 9439988468/ District COVID Control Room No.06858-22243417077450077.
- Rumour mongering, misinformation in social media will be dealt with very sternly.
Action will be taken against the violators under the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides, legal action under Section 188 of the IPC.
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores. Movement of Ambulance and all medical personnel.
- District/Block/Municipal Administration/Police/Fire Services.
- Central & State Government officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps.
- Print and Electronic Media identified by District Police
- Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers.
- Electricity supply and distribution.
- Movement of goods and goods carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
- Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Services and allied activities, including procurement at Mandis
- Service Sector industries including lT/lTeS, Hotel & Hospitality units. Operation of hotels and hospitality units including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel.
- Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles.
- Marriages and Funerals, with permission of District Authority.
- Operation bf Bus Station and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants.
- Dhabas along national and state highways/major roads to takeaway only.
- Milk Booths.