Two Men From Odisha Die In Japan Gas Leak, Probe On

0

Bhubaneswar: Two men from Odisha who were working in a restaurant in Japan reportedly died after a carbon monoxide gas leak. Although the incident took place on January 29, the family members of the deceased learnt about it on January 30.

The two men were identified as Sheikh Mantaz of Kasaba Kamarda area in Balasore district and Sheikh Baharuddin of Badachana area in Jajpur district.

It has been learnt that police of Kamata province in Japan have recovered the bodies and are undertaking a probe into the matter. The brother of one of the deceased, who also lives in Japan alleged that he was not allowed to see the bodies.

Meanwhile, the family members of the deceased have appealed to both Odisha and the Central government for financial help and diplomatic intervention to bring back the bodies.

“At around 11 am on January 30, my younger brother reached the restaurant where my older brother Mantaz was working and found police personnel at the spot. He learnt that two persons had died and one of them was our brother while another was from Pathan Mohalla in Badachana area,” Imtiaz said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.