Unlock 5.0: Cinema Halls Can Open With 50% Seating Capacity From Oct 15, States To Take A Call On Schools
New Delhi: Cinemas, theatres and multiplexes will be allowed to open with upto 50 per cent occupancy of seating capacity from October 15, subject to a ceiling of 200 persons, as per Unlock 5.0 guidelines issued by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Wednesday. The SOP for cinemas will be issued by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Swimming pools used by sportspersons for training will also be permitted from October 15, along with entertainment parks and similar places.
As for reopening of schools and coaching institutions, state and UT governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15, in a graded manner.
Gatherings at public places can be increased beyond the limit of 100 persons, outside containment zones, from October 15, if states and UTs allow.
Following activities permitted from October 15 in areas outside Containment Zones:
* Cinemas/theatres/multiplexes permitted to open with upto 50% of seating capacity, with a ceiling of 200 persons. SOP will be issued by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
* Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions permitted to open, for which SOP will be issued by Department of Commerce
* Swimming pools being used for training of sportspersons permitted to open, for which SOP to be issued by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
* Entertainment parks and similar places permitted to open, SOP to be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Opening of schools, colleges, education institutions and coaching institutions
State/UT governments given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15, in a graded manner. Decision to be taken in consultation with respective school/institution management, based on their assessment of situation, and subject to the following conditions:
* Online/distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.
* Where schools are conducting online classes, and some students prefer to attend online classes rather than physically attend school, they may be permitted to do so.
* Students may attend schools/institutions only with the written consent of parents.
* Attendance must not be enforced, and must depend entirely on parental consent.
* States /UTs to prepare their own SOP regarding health and safety precautions for reopening of schools/institutions based on the SOP to be issued by Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL), Ministry of Education, Government of India, keeping local requirements in view.
* Schools which are allowed to open will have to mandatorily follow the SOP to be issued by Education Departments of States/UTs.
* Department of Higher Education (DHE), Ministry of Education to decide on timing of opening of colleges/higher education institutions in consultation with MHA.
* Higher Education Institutions for research scholars (PhD) and post-graduate students in science and technology stream requiring laboratory/experimental work will be permitted to open from October 15
Regulation of gatherings:
* Social/academic/sports/entertainment/cultural/religious/political functions and other congregations have already been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons, outside containment zones. Now state/UT governments given flexibility to permit such gatherings beyond 100 persons, outside containment zones
* In closed spaces, a maximum of 50% of the hall capacity will be allowed, with a ceiling of 200 persons. Wearing of face masks, maintaining social distancing, provision for thermal scanning and use of hand wash or sanitizer will be mandatory.
* In open spaces, keeping the size of the ground/ space in view, and with strict observance of social distancing, mandatory wearing of face masks, provision for thermal scanning and hand wash or sanitizer.
* To ensure that such gatherings do not spread COVID-19, State/ UT Governments will issue detailed SOPs to regulate such gathering, and strictly enforce the same.
All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones:
* International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
* Lockdown to be implemented strictly in containment zones till October 31.
* Within containment zones, strict perimeter control shall be maintained and only essential activities allowed.
* Containment zones to be notified on the websites of respective District Collectors and by the States/UTs and information will also be shared with MOHFW.
* No restriction on Inter-State and intra-State movement
* No restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No separate permission/ approval/ e-permit will be required for such movements.