Washington, DC: America has halted a previously planned military attack on Iran, following appeals from key Gulf leaders, including Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, US president Donald Trump said on Tuesday.
“Serious negotiations” were underway, Trump posted on X, and suggested a diplomatic breakthrough could be possible.
The deal will include, “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!”, Trump posted, reiterating his
earlier demand that Tehran cannot have nuclear weapons, as reported by Deccan Herald.
If an “acceptable deal is not reached”, US military will go forward with “full, large scale assault of Iran”, the Republican leader said.
He claimed that the Gulf leaders believed that “a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond.”
“Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, the Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and the United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow,” Trump wrote, in his post.
He had “further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached,” the US president posted.
