Bhubaneswar: Vigilance sleuths on Saturday conducted raids on the properties of senior assistant of the state government following allegation of possession of disproportionate assets.
The officials of Vigilance Bhubaneswar Division conducted simultaneous searches on the assets of Ashok Kumar Mishra, senior assistant in Directorate of Distance & Continuing Education (DDCE), Vani Vihar at following places:
1) His residential double-storey building at Mancheswar
2) Double-storey building at Prasanti Vihar, Patia
3) Official quarters at Vani Vihar Campus
4) His office room at DDCE, Vani Vihar
5) His native house at Durgapur Village, Rameswar, Cuttack district
During search, one more two-storey building of Mishra was detected at Kalinga Nagar, Bhubaneswar. Besides, Rs 3.55 lakh was also recovered.
The estimate of the total disproportionate assets of Mishra was not made as the raids were going on till the report was filed.