Vigilance Raids Reveal Over Rs 2-Crore Properties Of Assistant Executive Engineer In Odisha’s Nayagarh
Bhubaneswar: Vigilance officials on Wednesday unearthed properties worth more than Rs 2 crore in possession of Assistant Executive Engineer Govinda Chandra Sahoo following raids in 6 places.
The Vigilance sleuths conducted simultaneous house searches on the properties of Sahoo, Assistant Executive Engineer, Rural Works Sub-Division, Nayagarh at 6 places in Cuttack, Khordha and Nayagarh districts on the allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Following movable and immovable assets worth over Rs 2.22 crore have been unearthed in the name of Sahoo during house searches so far:
- Double-storey building at Gayatri Vihar, Jokalandi, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar worth over Rs 75.65 lakh
- Single-storey building at Pinpur, Cuttack worth Rs 44 lakh
- Fixed deposits, bank and insurance deposits worth around Rs 30 lakh
- 3 plots in prime area of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Jatni, Khurda. The plots have been estimated to cost Rs 41.16 lakh
- A four-wheeler worth over Rs 14 lakhs
- Two two-wheelers
- Gold, cash and household articles worth over Rs 15 lakh
More assets are likely to come to light as further searches are going on.