Vigilance Unearths Hindi Teacher’s Properties Worth Rs 5 crore In Odisha’s Berhampur
Berhampur: The Vigilance officials on Wednesday unearthed properties worth about Rs 5 crore of a Hindi teacher in the city following raids at different places.
The Vigilance sleuths conducted joint raids on residential house of Bhubanananda Sahu, Classical Hindi Teacher, Jasoda High School, Jhandankuli, Berhampur at Baikuntha Nagar, 2nd Line, Berhampur; 5-storey building at Bramha Nagar, 1st Line, Berhampur; parental house at Kotilingi, Chikiti, Ganjam district; Saraswati Sisu Vidya Mandir at Laxmipur, Chikiti and office room at Jasoda High School, Jhandankuli, Berhampur.
Following is the estimates of the movable/immovable assets of Sahu:
- One five-storey building at Berhampur: Rs. 1,86,63,175
- A 3-storey building at Berhampur in the name of his wife: Rs. 1,12,00,000
- A flat in Gopalpur: Rs. 6,11,000
- 10 plots of land at different locations near Berhampur: Rs. 38,48,446
- A building of Saraswati Vidya Mandir: Rs. 38,32,472
- Single room in front of Saraswati Vidya Mandir: Rs. 13,33,940
- An ssbestoses roofed house in Berhampur: Rs. 16,00,000
- Bhubaneswar apartment: Rs. 28,00,000
- Puri apartment: Rs. 6,00,000
- Nimakhandi shop rooms: Rs. 5,00,000
Besides, movable properties including 3 motorcycles worth Rs.14,72,808, gold ornaments of Rs.7,200, LIC policies of Rs. 20,74,895, bank deposits of Rs. 8,43,838
and cash Rs. 9,470.
The total properties were estimated to be Rs. 4,93,97,244.
Sahu joined the service in 2004 on contractual basis as Classical Hindi Teacher and his service was regularised in 2017.