Weekend Shutdown In This Odisha District Till August 31
Dhenkanal: The Dhenkanal administration has declared weekend shutdown till August 31 in view of the rising COVID-19 cases.
“As the month of August is very critical with regards to COVID-19 and keeping in view of rising cases in the district, the administration has decided to take stricter precautionary measures by enforcing shut down for two days every week till the end of the month,” said Collector Bhumesh Chandra Behera.
The district reported 92 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the affected tally to 296.
- All medical establishments, medicine stores, movement of the ambulance and medical personnel
- District and municipal administration/police/fire services
- Central and State Govt officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps
- Print and Electronic media identified by the DIPRO/District Police
- Water supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
- Electricity supply and distribution
- Movement of goods and good carriers either loaded or unloaded
- Industrial establishment, factories and construction activities
- All agriculture, horticulture & fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary services, and allied activities, including procurement at mandis
- Movement of road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
- Movement of rail and transport
- Movement of public transport, private vehicle and taxis to and from airport, railway station and bus terminals
- Marriages and funeral with permission of the local authority
- Operation of the bus station and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables, and essential items by restaurants and aggregator
- Dhabas along NH and State Highways/major roads for takeaway only
- Milk booths
- Newspaper hawkers between 5 am and 8 am only
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated activities, personnel and vehicular movements
Violators will be prosecuted under Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and Section 188 of the IPC and other legal provisions as applicable, the official notification said.