Woman Devotee Injured As Saree Catches Fire At Puri Jagannath Temple In Odisha

Puri: A woman devotee sustained burn after her saree caught fire when she was lighting a lamp in Shree Jagannath Temple in Odisha’s Puri on Saturday.

Sources said the woman, who had reportedly come from Bhubaneswar for darshan of the sibling deities inside the 12th century shrine, was rushed to the First Aid Centre at the temple soon after the incident.

The devotee was stated to have suffered minor burn in the incident which took place at the Pata Agana on the temple premises.

After having darshan and paying obeisance to the deities, the woman was lighting the earthen lamp when her saree caught fire from the flame.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.