10 Fall Ill After Consuming Mushroom In Odisha’s Ganjam

Ganjam: As many as 10 persons fell ill after consuming wild mushrooms on Sunday night in Ganjam district.

They had eaten mushroom for dinner at Dhanarada village under the Gangapura police limits of Bhanjanagar. They complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach pain in the wee hours on Monday. All the 10 were rushed to a nearby hospital in Bhanjanagar.

Although their condition is reported to be stable, they have been kept under observation, the doctor said.

There is a lack of awareness, mostly in rural areas about the danger of consuming poisonous mushrooms that grow during the rainy season.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.