15-Bed De-Addiction Centre To Come Up In Odisha’s Keonjhar Soon
Bhubaneswar: A 15-bed de-addiction and rehabilitation centre will come up at Keonjhar soon. An MoU for Establishment and Management of the centre was signed between District Social Security Office, Keonjhar and ‘Vishwa Jeevan Seva Sangha (VJSS), Khurda in the presence of Collector on Wednesday.
Collector Ashish Thakare stated “Several initiatives are taken to provide social security and empower persons with disabilities under various schemes. The De-addiction Centre will further help strengthening in providing services to the people of Keonjhar.”
The 15-bed centre for alcohol, substance and drug abuse shall provide composite/integrated services for the inpatient treatment and rehabilitation.
The officials attached to the centre shall identify vulnerable addicts and conduct screening and assessment. The other interventions include:
- Detoxification, de-addiction, pharmacological and evidence-based interventions.
- Psychosocial interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Counselling etc.
- Whole Person Recovery of addicts for making them drug free, crime free and gainfully employed.
- After care follow-up, reintegration into the social mainstream.
- Vocational Counselling, Assistance, Skill Development, and Livelihood support.
- Community based out-reach activities for early detection, prevention, and awareness generation.
The de-addiction centre, supported by District Mineral Foundation Keonjhar, will be operational from the last week of May.
District administration had also established an Advanced Rehabilitation Centre situated at Ranki which provides the best-in-class services for rehabilitation of Pwds, CwDs, vulnerable patients and elderly people.
DSSO, Keonjhar, Member from VJSS, Khurda, member from PMU DMF and other senior officials were present.