5 School Students Electrocuted While Removing Flagpole In Karnataka

0

Bengaluru: Five high school students died of electrocution while trying to remove a flagpole erected for Independence Day celebrations at a government-run hostel in Koppal in Karnataka.

Police said the students were electrocuted as the flagpole came in contact with an overhead power line, news agency PTI reported on Sunday.

Two students got electrocuted first as they attempted to remove the flagpole from the first floor of the hostel building on Saturday. Three other students rushed to save the two, but all of them died, police said.

Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa ordered a probe into the tragic incident and announced a relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of the deceased.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.