Indian Metals & Ferro Alloys Limited (IMFA) in conjunction with its CSR wing Bansidhar and Ila Panda Foundation (BIPF) has announced six recipients of the prestigious Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship (PGDS) for higher education in 2020-2021.
PGDS, instituted by IMFA for meritorious students from financially disadvantaged families permanently domiciled in Odisha, helps these students in pursuing professional courses in medicine, engineering and liberal arts.
The scholarship amount of upto Rs 4 lakh to each recipient will meet 90% of their academic fees and related expenses for the duration of the course. The recipients will be felicitated at an award ceremony to be held at Bhubaneswar.
A total of 61 students have been awarded the scholarship so far.
Following are 6 scholarship recipients for 2020-21:
1. Anita Kujur (MBBS, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur)
2. Hinamsu Ranjan Prusty (MBBS, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur)
3. Deepak Kumar Mohanty (B Tech – Mechanical Engineering, NIT Rourkela)
4. Roshan Paik (MBBS, VIMSAR, Burla)
5. Ashutosh Sahoo (MBBS, SCB Medical College, Cuttack)
6. Sambit Kumar Ayach (B Tech — Mining, Govt College of Engg, Keonjhar).