BJP’s I-Day Plan: ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’, Prabhat Pheris & COVID Booster Jab Push
New Delhi: Patriotism will be the flavour of the week before August 15. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has given its leaders a to-do list, right from ensuring national flag-hoisting at every residence including those of government employees, advocates, as well as police posts, to having prabhat pheris (morning processions) singing “Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram” and “Vande Mataram” in every civic ward of the country for three days ahead of Independence Day.
BJP chief JP Nadda has given out the list of tasks to be carried out by party leaders and workers to celebrate the Centre’s Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav programme. This includes undertaking a “Har Ghar Tiranga” drive from August 9 to August 15, and party MPs, MLAs, and public representatives ensuring precautionary Covid vaccine doses are given free in the next 75 days, News18 reported.
What’s on the anvil
- From August 9-11, publicity of the programme, creating an atmosphere of patriotism, taking out Tiranga Yatras, and display of hoardings in public places like markets, streets, and fairgrounds.
- More than 20 crore families across the country will hoist the national flag from August 13-15.
- In Uttar Pradesh, the target is to hoist flags over 3.18 crore households.
- The national flag will also be hoisted in all government buildings, at the residences of government employees, advocates, police posts, and educational institutes.
- All offices of resident welfare associations (RWAs), youth organisations, monasteries of saints and social institutions will be contacted to hoist the national flag.
- The national flag will be made available at all post offices by the union ministry of culture and on four types of e-commerce websites and also at other sales centres.
- Statues and monuments of great patriots across the country too will be cleaned from August 11 to 15.
- On August 10, 11 and 12, the Yuva Morcha will organise a Tiranga Yatra in each district. The photos of hoisting the national flag are to be uploaded on the website of the government created especially for this programme.
- The party will ensure booster or precautionary Covid vaccine doses for the maximum possible number of people. All the MPs, MLAs, public representatives and party office bearers will regularly visit the vaccination centres, and create public awareness through hoardings, press conferences, and social media.
- The websites of all state governments will be used to provide a link to the Amrit Mahotsav Har Ghar Tiranga corner. The aim is also to reach out to panchayats and distribute the national flag in every village.
- The vast network of fair-price shops will be leveraged as distribution/sales points for the flags and state transport buses to be painted with messages about the programme.
- Toll and checkpoints will be branded and utilised for pamphlets.