COVID-19 Claims More Lives In Bhubaneswar, Cuttack & Puri; Toll Rises To 61
Bhubaneswar: Coronavirus claimed five more lives in Odisha, taking the death toll to 61 on Saturday.
- A 70-year-old man of Puri district. He was suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
- A 46-year-old man of Cuttack district. He was also suffering from diabetes, hypertension and hypothyroidism.
- A 56-year-old woman of Bhubaneswar. She was also suffering from diabetes.
- A 55-year-old man of Ganjam district.
- A 72-year-old man of Ganjam district. He was also suffering from diabetes.
They passed away while undergoing treatment at COVID hospital, the Health Department sources said.
With the new deaths reported on Friday, Ganjam’s toll rose to 37.
The virus had earlier claimed nine lives in Khurda, five in Cuttack and one each in Puri, Angul, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Rayagada, Sundargarh, Gajapati, Bhadrak and Bargarh districts.