COVID-19 Scare: Know The Restrictions At MKCG In Odisha’s Berhampur
Berhampur: To contain the spread of COVID-19, the Ganjam district administration on Wednesday closed the routine OPD of the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
1. Only referral and emergency cases are to be admitted to the hospital.
2. Campus main gate will be guarded by police personnel. Only emergency patients and staff are to be allowed to enter the campus.
3. In order to maintain proper law and order, additional police personal will be deployed by the SP, Berhampur City.
4. Except for the main entrance, all other entrances of MKCG will be closed with proper barricading by Executive Engineer PWD-1 Berhampur.
5. Only one attendant is to be allowed to accompany the patients.
6. Wearing of a mask on the hospital premises is mandatory for all staff, patients and attendants. Fine will be imposed on persons violating the above rules and the same to be deposited in the Swasthya Bikash Samiti Account.
7. The superintended of MKCG will form a proper monitoring mechanism to ensure adherence to these guidelines.
8. Proper IEC on infection control will be displayed on the hospital campus at all strategic places.
9. Proper infection prevention protocols of COVID-19 are to be ensured at all levels.
The administration, however, has been tight-lipped about the number of COVID-19 cases detected in this premier health institute of Odisha.