Jagatsinghpur: As many as 15 houses went up in flames after a major fire broke out at Naranpur village under Nuagaon tehsil in Jagatsinghpur district on Wednesday night.
No casualty or injury has been reported in the mishap. However, properties including furniture, ornaments, cash and other articles worth several lakhs of rupees were damaged.
Receiving a call from the locals, fire personnel rushed to the place and managed to douse the flames after a two-hour-long effort.
According to available information, the incident took place when a few persons were bursting crackers during a wedding procession passing through the village. One of the thatched houses caught fire after a firecracker accidentally fell on it. The fire then spread to the adjoining ones in no time.