Fire Engulfs Sanitary Godown In Bhubaneswar

Bhubaneswar: Properties worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted after fire broke out in a sanitary godown at Old Station Bazaar in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday night.

According to reports, the locals found thick smoke billowing out of the Gupta General Sanitary Godown and Garg Trading Centre at arout 11.30 pm and informed the Fire Services personnel. Following information, six fire-fighting vehicles of the two Fire brigade teams from Kalpana Square and Baramunda rushed to the spot and doused the flames.

According to Laxmi Sagar police, the employees had closed down the godown and trading centre at arout 9 pm. However, some staff of the nearby trading centre found the thick smoke coming out of the godown and the trading centre. The 10 staff of the godown sleeping on the top floor of the building had no knowledge about the fire.

The Fire Services personnel after dousing the flames safely rescued the 10 staff of the godown.

All plastic pipes, house paints, chemicals other plastic hardware in the godown estimated over Rs 50 lakh have been completely gutted.

Preliminary investigation attributed the fire to a short circuit.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.