Govt Urged To Reduce Gap Between Booster Dose From 9 To 6 Months
Hyderabad: After Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced last month that a ‘precaution’ dose of the COVID-19 vaccine will be administered in India to frontline workers and those above-60 with comorbidities, it was announced that the booster will be given after a gap of nine months.
Some felt it was too big a gap as most countries who have already introduced the booster dose adopted a six-month gap. On Monday, Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said he will be writing to the Centre, suggesting that the gap be reduced from nine months to six months.
The Andhra CM went on to say that the Union government should also explore the possibility of further reducing the precautionary dose gap to 3-4 months especially for frontline workers and emergency services providers.
“Frontline workers and emergency health services workers are most vulnerable. They should be able to get the precautionary dose sooner,” Jagan Mohan said.