Independence Day: Know Traffic Restrictions In Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police has issued traffic restrictions to be followed during the 75th Independence Day celebrations in Bhubaneswar on August 15.
The restrictions will be implemented on Madhusudan Marg, IDCO Exhibition Ground, Unit-III and its periphery from 6.30 am onwards on Monday.
- Vehicles will not be allowed in between MBS blocking-St Joseph lane blocking stretch of Ram Mandir to Housing Board Square.
- Vehicles coming from Housing Board side towards Ram Mandir will be allowed up to MBS lane blocking. They will be diverted towards the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane.
- Likewise, vehicles coming from Ram Mandir Square towards Housing Board Square will be allowed up to St Joseph lane. They will be diverted towards the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane exiting at MBS lane.
- The Hotel Charlie lane will be blocked. Vehicles coming from PMG, Keshari Talkies side will be diverted towards Sachivalaya Marg. Notably, there will be blocking at lanes exiting out at gate No. I and II emerging from Sachivalaya Marg.
- The selling of gas balloons in the area near Madhusudan Marg between Ram Mandir Square and Housing Board Square has been banned.
Rules for parking vehicles on August 15:
- Vehicles of participating contingents and police personnel parking at MBS blocking-St Joseph lane blocking stretch (on Housing Board-Ram Mandir road)
- VVIP parking at right flank of gate No. 1
- VIP and other guests parking at left flank of gate No 2
- Media parking at left flank of gate No 5