Malkangiri: Further strengthening the measures to arrest the spread of COVID-19, the district administration has made 14-day institutional or paid quarantine mandatory for people coming from 13 districts of Odisha.
The districts under restriction are Ganjam, Cuttack, Khurda, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Puri, Dhenkanal, Sundargarh, Nayagarh, Kendrapara, Gajapati, Balasore and Jagatsinghpur.
According to a notification of the collectorate, if the person under quarantine develops symptoms requiring medical attention, he may be shifted to COVID Care Centre or COVID Hospital.
Making exceptions, the administration has allowed the following categories of returnees to undergo home quarantine:
– Pregnant and lactating mothers
– Children below the age of 10 years
– Persons with co-morbidities
– Persons above 65 years of age
Besides, the following categories of returnees are exempted from mandatory quarantine on arrival:
- Government officials, professionals, businessmen, or any other person travelling to Malkangiri on work and intending to leave the district on road within 72 hours
- Government officials, professionals, businessmen, or any other person who travelled from Malkangiri on work and are returning within 72 hours of departure
Any violation of the above guidelines will attract penal action under National Disaster Management Act, 2005, Epidemic Disease Act 1897 and Section 188 under IPC, the notification said.