Malkangiri: Five persons in a family fell ill after another member put poison in their dinner in Malkangiri district.
The incident was reported from Nayakguda village in Mathili block on Monday night.
Sources claimed that the accused, Narasingha Majhi, had come home in an inebriated state and then mixed pesticide in the food prepared by his wife, Purnima.
After eating the food, Purnima, her two sons and two daughters started vomiting. Meanwhile, the accused fled from the spot.
Neighbours took the five to the community health centre at Mathili.
Sources said no police complaint has been lodged as yet.