Bhubaneswar: Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari presented the Rs 1.7 lakh crore budget for the financial year of 2021-22 in the Odisha Assembly on Monday
Of the total budget outlay, Rs 85,000 crore has been earmarked for administrative expenditure, Rs 75,000 crore for programme expenditure and Rs 3050 crore for disaster mitigation.
Education and Skill Development:
- Total ₹24,370 crore allocated for education and skill development sector
- ₹280 crore provided under Odisha Adarsha Vidyalaya
- ₹3,066 crore for Samagra Sikshya Abhiyan and ₹957 crore for Mid-day Meal Scheme all of which will have a State share of 40%
- A sum of ₹253 crore under Mo School Programme for infrastructure development of schools
- Allocation for ₹430 crore under the Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana (GMSMY) to provide school bags to all children from Class-I to V, free textbooks and school uniform including shoes to all children from Class-I to VIII and free bicycles to all students in Class-IX of Government and fully aided schools including OAVs
- ₹1,002 crore earmarked towards all students’ scholarships to be credited through DBT
- Provision of ₹100 crore for the World Skill Centre in Bhubaneswar
₹148 crore provided as Infrastructure Grants to OUAT for promoting agriculture education, research and infrastructure.
- Allocation of ₹17,469 crore to Agriculture and allied activities
- An outlay of ₹1,800 crore under the scheme Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA).
- ₹819 crore provided towards Interest Subvention on crop loans to Co-operative as well as Commercial Banks.
- ₹454 crore is proposed towards subsidy for capital investment for the establishment of Commercial Agri-enterprises and for the popularization of agricultural implements, equipment and diesel pump sets.
- ₹106 crore for the Odisha Millet Mission
- An outlay of ₹1,415 crore for the Fisheries & Animal Resources Development sector
- ₹137 crore proposed for the development of Brackish Water Aquaculture, Marine Fisheries, Intensive Aquaculture, and Inland Fisheries
- ₹100 crore provided for land acquisition, construction, renovation, expansion of Airports at Rourkela, Jeypore, Utkela, Jharsuguda, and renovation of Birasal airstrip.
- Outlay of ₹396 crore for the development of Railway projects in the State.
- ₹100 crore for the block level Bus Stand and construction of new Bus Terminal at
- ₹100 crore for urban road transport and development of Baramunda Bus stand
- ₹2296 crore provided under Road Development Programme for construction and
upgradation of roads in the State.
- ₹912 crore under Biju Setu Yojana for construction of bridges
- ₹600 crore under the scheme Construction/ Improvement of Roads & Bridges
- Provision of ₹2000 crore under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna to complete 4000 Kms of rural roads.
- Provision of ₹200 crore for the State Highway Development Programme (SHDP);
- ₹100 crore for Biju Expressway to improve connectivity in Western Odisha;
- ₹429 crore for Central Road Fund projects
- Provision of ₹781 crore under improvement and construction of RD Roads & Bridges.
- ₹300 core under the scheme Mukhya Mantri Sadak Yojana
Social Security Measures:
- A sum of ₹2,767 crore is allocated for social security measures
- Provision of ₹1,509 crore under Madhubabu Pension Yojana and ₹923 crore for National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) for Old Age, Widow and Disability Pensions
- ₹105 crore for Welfare of Persons with Disability (PwD) and ₹14 crore under the National Programme for Persons with Disability
- ₹969 crore for distribution of rice @ ₹1/- per kg. under the State Food Security Scheme, 23 lakh additional beneficiaries are provided 5 Kg rice per month per beneficiary at the rate of ₹1 per Kg under the Scheme
Women and Child Development
- Total ₹3,906 crore allocated for undertaking various women and child centric policy and welfare measures
- Provision of ₹279 crore under the Maternity Benefit Programme “MAMATA” scheme.
- ₹1,113 crore is also provided under Supplementary Nutrition Programme (SNP)
- ₹316 crore towards financial assistance and other support to Women Self Help Groups and their federations under Mission Shakti programme
- An additional ₹100 crore for the construction of Mission Shakti Gruha at block level.
- Total ₹29,063 crore allocated under Tribal Sub-Component and SC Sub-Component
- ₹110 crore allocated towards social sector initiatives including ANWESHA
- ₹270 crore for construction of hostels for ST girls and urban hostel complexes under the scheme AKANKSHYA
- Provision of ₹903 crore for pre-matric and post-matric scholarships for ST and SC students
Support to PRIs and ULBs:
Transfer of about ₹6,950 crore to the Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies for the provision of basic services
- To further the development process in western Odisha, ₹180 crore is provided for WODC, which is more than double the previous year’s allocation.
- An outlay of ₹250 crore under Biju KBK Plan to improve infrastructure in the KBK districts,mainly in respect of Bijli, Sadak, and Pani
- ₹50 crore is proposed under the SETU scheme for the development of Swabhiman Anchall.
- ₹3,143 crore from DMF and ₹3,814 crore from OMBADC are proposed to be utilized for development works during 2021-22.
- Provision of ₹3,000 crore with a target for the construction of another 5 lakh pucca houses through convergence of PMAY-Gramin and Biju Pucca Ghar Schemes.
- ₹300 crore for the construction of 20,000 dwelling units under beneficiary led construction and affordable housing and slum development components of Odisha Urban Housing Mission AWAAS.
Drinking Water Supply:
- A massive investment of ₹12,000 crore for piped drinking water supply projects across the State.
- Allocation of ₹ 8,266 crores for Water Resources Department.
- An outlay of ₹2,258 crore for incomplete AIBP Projects
- ₹795 crore for construction of In-stream Storage Structures (ISS) in all major rivers of the State.
- ₹454 crore proposed under state funded Water Sector Infrastructure Development Programme (WSIDP) for on-going and new projects
- An outlay of ₹710 crore for flood control and drainage work
- ₹860 crore for Parbati Giri Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme.
- ₹180 crore under RIDF for Jalanidhi scheme to create additional irrigation potential
- A sum of ₹389 crore proposed for completion of 21,000 Deep Bore Wells
- ₹400 crore under Biju Krushak Vikas Yojana for installation of 1500 community lift irrigation projects
- ₹164 crore allocated for revival of 1000 defunct lift irrigation points
- ₹101 crore is being proposed under Canal Lining and System Rehabilitation Programme (CLSRP)
- ₹77 crore proposed under Nabakrushna Choudhury Secha Unnayana Yojana
- ₹425 crore allocated for development of Industries sector and attracting investment.
- ₹465 crore to promote MSME sector, a jump of 86 percent in allocation over the previous year.
- Special provisions for Odisha Economic Corridor, Mega Textile Park, Mega Aluminium Park, PCPIR etc.
- ₹155 crore financial assistance to IDCO for development of industrial infrastructure.
- Already announced Special COVID Package of around ₹289 crore to support MSMEs related COVID19 impact.
- An outlay of ₹163 crore is made for Handloom, Handicrafts, Sericulture and Textile sectors.
- ₹2,001 crore proposed towards material component under MGNREGA
- A Corpus Fund of ₹500 crore to facilitate timely payment of wages under MGNREGA pending receipt of Central Assistance for the wage component
- ₹1,270 crore provided under Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana–National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- ₹200 crore for creating 11.13 lakh person-days of wage employment in urban areas
- ₹1,799 crore is provided for the Energy Sector.
- Financial assistance of ₹500 crore to be provided through equity infusion to OHPC for buying 49 percent share of AES in OPGC during 2021-22
- Additional equity support of ₹225 crore is proposed for OPGC to cover the project cost and installation of the Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD) System.
- ₹332 crore is provided towards equity contribution to OPTCL for construction of 132/33.