Odisha Records Six More COVID Deaths, 2 Patients In Their Thirties; Check Details
Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 toll in Odisha went up to 8,520 on Sunday with six more deaths in the last 24 hours.
According to the state Health Department, a 30-year-old from Bhadrak district and a 32-year-old man from Kandhamal district were among those who died.
Following are the details of the dead patients:
* A 60-year-old woman from Angul district who was also suffering from hypertension.
* A 63-year-old woman from Balasore district who was also suffering from diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
* A 30-year-old man from Bhadrak district who was also suffering from hepatic encephalopathy.
* An 85-year-old woman from Cuttack district.
* A 32-year-old man from Kandhamal district who was also suffering from chronic caleific pancreatitis.
* A 65-year-old man from Sundargarh district who was also suffering from chronic kidney disease.
With these six cases, Odisha has reported 54 COVID deaths so far in January.
There were 56 casualties in December. As many as 80 COVID deaths were reported in November, 134 in October and 346 in September. Similarly, 2,056 fatalities were registered in August, while July saw 1,903 deaths, June 1,272 and May 737, said sources in the Health Department.
The second wave of the pandemic claimed 48 children and adolescents in Odisha. As many as 13 of these deaths were reported between August 10 and 31.