OERC Brings Down Power Tariff For Domestic Consumers In Odisha By 10 Paise Per Unit
Bhubaneswar: The electricity supply tariff for domestic consumers in Odisha has been brought down by 10 paise in each slab.
The Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) on Tuesday released the final order on elecricity supply bill in the state. Following are the main features of the order:
- The retail supply tariff of all other categories has not been revised. The tariff of those categories has remained constant for three years.
- The fixed monthly charges for BPL consumers has been reduced from Rs 80 to Rs 70 per month.
- The consumers who will opt for E-bill shall get a rebate of Rs 10 per bill.
- The premium of Green Energy tariff has been reduced from 25 paise per unit to 20 paise per unit.
- The EV charging tariff has been reduced Rs 5.50 per unit to Rs 5 per unit.
- Consumers with pre-paid meters shall get 4% rebate on pre-paid amount and the LT domestic and single-phase general-purpose consumers will continue to get 4% digital payment rebate.
- The cold storage tariff reduced by Rs 1.60 per unit from Rs 4.60 per unit to Rs 3 per unit.
- Mega lift point consumers will get a rebate of Rs 2 per unit and after that they will get reduced tariff of Rs 3.80 per unit. No demand charge will be levied.
- Rural LT domestic consumers will get a rebate 10 paise per unit if the bill is paid by due date.
- LT Industrial (S) and LT Industrial (M) supply consumers will avail a rebate of 10 paisa per unit for all the units consumed, if their monthly operating load factor is more than 40% if paid within due date.
- The Commercial, Industrial and Consumers provided with smart meters having MD >10KW, are eligible to get a ToD rebate of 10 paise/unit in Energy Charge during Solar Hours. The above consumers shall pay a ToD surcharge of 20 paise/unit during Peak Hours.
- All the industrial consumers drawing power at EHT level will be eligible for a rebate of 10 paise per unit (kVAh) for all the units consumed in excess of 80% of load factor.
- The Bulk Supply Price (BSP) of DISCOMs has been revised as follows:
TPCODL – 315.00 paise per kWh
TPNODL – 350.00 paise per kWh
TPWODL – 380.00 paise per kWh
TPSODL – 200.00 paise per kWh
- The all Odisha average BSP has been reduced marginally to 328.20 paise per unit from 329.00 paise per unit.
- Transmission tariff has remained unrevised at 24 paise per unit