Rs 10 Cr Central Assistance For U-17 Women’s World Cup Venues Bhubaneswar, Goa, Navi Mumbai
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved Signing of Guarantees for hosting the FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 to be held in Bhubaneswar, Goa and Navi Mumbai from October 11 to 30.
A financial outlay of Rs 10 crore assistance to All India Football Federation (AIFF) for field of play maintenance, stadium power, energy & cabling, stadia & training site branding etc. will be met from budgetary allocation to National Sports Federations (NSFs).
The government considers the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 to have the potential to strengthen women’s football in the country.
Carrying on the positive legacy from FIFA Under-17 Men’s World Cup 2017, the U-17 Women’s WC is posed to be a seminal moment for women’s football as the best young female footballers from across the world will be showcasing their skills on Indian soil.
The Cabinet has identified following objectives for the tournament to leave behind a positive legacy:
* Increase representation of women in football leadership and decision-making bodies
* Inspire more girls to play football in India
* Advocate gender-inclusive participation by normalising the concept of equal game from a young age
* Opportunity to improve football standards for women in India
* Improve commercial value of women’s game.