Sushant Singh Rajput & Other Actors Who Quit Engineering To Entertain Us
Mumbai: As engineers across the country are celebrating Engineers Day on Tuesday, let’s take a look at Bollywood actors who have quit their engineering career to entertain us. Here’s a list of actors, who have made it big in Bollywood, after quitting a lucrative career in engineering:
- Sushant Singh Rajput: He had enrolled himself at Delhi Technological University for pursuing a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. However, he dropped out of engineering college to pursue a career in acting.
- Kriti Sanon: She made her Bollywood debut opposite Tiger Shroff in ‘Heropanti’. She has a Bachelor of Technology degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida.
- Kartik Aaryan: He made his Bollywood debut with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’. He was pursuing an engineering degree in biotechnology in Navi Mumbai’s DY Patil College of Engineering, when he started auditioning for films.
- Vicky Kaushal: He graduated with an engineering degree in electronics and telecommunications from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai. Vicky even took up an engineering job before foraying into the entertainment industry.
- Taapsee Pannu: She has a degree in Computer Science Engineering from the Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, New Delhi. She even worked as a software engineer before entering the film industry.
- Sonu Sood: He has a degree in Electronics Engineering from Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur. He gave up a lucrative engineering career for pursuing his passion for acting.
- R Madhavan : He did his graduation in electronics and also represented India as a cultural ambassador in Canada. His debut film ‘Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein’ carved a niche for him in the film industry.
- Fawad Khan: Fawad Khan holds a graduation degree in Telecom Engineering from the National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Lahore. He made his Bollywood debut with Sonam Kapoor starrer ‘Khoobsurat’.