Nizamuddin Returnee Cured Of COVID-19, Thanks Odisha Govt For Care & Concern

Pipili: Mohammad Riyazuddin, who had tested positive for COVID-19 after returning from the Tablighi Jamaat in Nizamuddin to Odisha last month, is a happy man today.

He finally went back to his home at Danagohiri in Puri district on Sunday after complete recovery from the disease.

Incidentally, Riyazuddin was the first novel coronavirus patient of Puri district.

Sharing his experience with the media, he said, “I am grateful to Allah for giving me a new lease of life. After I tested positive, I was under severe mental stress. I must give credit to the efforts and concern of the state government which has made excellent arrangements for special treatment of coronavirus patients.”

Riyazuddin was also all praise for the “excellent treatment and hospitality” at Ashwini Hospital in Cuttack. “The doctors and the entire medical staff of the hospital are extremely cordial with the patients and encourage them not to panic. They also constantly advise the patients to maintain social distancing which the only way to protect against the virus.

“The hospital environment is absolutely clean and well managed. I wish that the selfless service of the health staff of the hospital and their commitment should be replicated in each hospital of Odisha,” he added.

He informed that the patients are provided “excellent food” including breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.

Riyazuddin refuted media reports that most of the returnees from the Nizamuddin congregation to Odisha were unwilling to undergo tests. “The media has misrepresented the facts. In fact, our religious head has asked all of us to strictly adhere to the government’s social distancing norms so as to be safe against the deadly virus,” he added.

Giving details of his travel history, Riyazuddin revealed he had left Odisha for Nizamuddin on March 6 and returned to his village on March 10. “I remained at my house from March 10 till April 1. During my stay, I came to know from the media that the Nizamuddin returnees have carried the virus with them,” he said.

On April 2, he called 104 and informed them about his travel history. “The same day, I was taken to the Puri district headquarters hospital in an ambulance van. I stayed at the hospital that night. On April 3, the hospital staff took my blood and swab samples for a test around 12.30 pm. The report came back in the night and it confirmed that I was afflicted with the virus,” he added.

When asked what advice he should give to the people, Riyazuddin said everyone must follow the social distancing norms and other safety measures as advised by the government like wearing mask, frequent hand washing and staying at home.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.