Weddings, Home Delivery Of Food & Grocery Allowed During Weekend Shutdown In Odisha; Details Here
Bhubaneswar: With the country entering the Unlock Phase II on July 1, the Odisha government on Tuesday said that it will adopt a graded approach for districts depending on the status of the spread of the COVID-19 and vulnerability.
“Additional restrictions are required to be imposed on mobility and congregations in the interest of the containment of the spread of the disease,” the notification issued by the office of the Special Relief Commissioner said.
The districts have also been divided into zones on the basis of active cases.
Ganjam, Gajapati, Khurda, Cuttack, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Balasore, Mayurbhan]., Keonjhar and Jharsuguda with more than 50 active cases fall in zone 1. The zone II comprises the remaining 20 districts – Puri, Kendrapada, Bhadrak, Sundargarh, Balangir, Kandhamal, Nayagarh, Bargarh, Malkangiri, Nuapada, Dhenkanal, Kalahandi, Angul, Deogarh, Sambalpur, Koraput, Boudh, Nabarangapur, Rayagada, Sonepur.
“Local authorities in the districts under zone I may impose restrictions on intra-district public and private transport and closure of shops and establishments, government and private institutions and movement/assembly of people, as deemed appropriate,” it said.
The weekend shutdown on Saturdays and Sundays will continue in these 10 districts in the month of July.
The notification also listed out activities that will be allowed during the shutdown. They are:-
• All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores. Movement of Ambulance and all medical personnel
• District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Fire Services
• Central and state government officials on emergency duty
• Telecom services
• Petrol pumps
• Print and electronic media identified by Commissionerate/ District Police
• Water supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
• Electricity supply and distribution
• Movement of goods and good carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
• Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Services and allied activities, including procurement at mandis
• Service sector industries, including IT/ITes, Hotel and Hospitality units. Operation of hotels and hospitality units, including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel
• Movement of rail and air transport
• Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
• Movement of public transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals/ stands/ stops, for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail and road
• Marriages and funerals, with permission of the local authority
• ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI, Clearing Houses
• Operations of Airports, Railway Stations, Bus Terminals and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
• Home Delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy etc.
• Dhabas along the National and State Highways/major roads for takeaway only
• Food and grocery stores such as Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Chilika Fresh and others for home delivery only
• Newspaper hawkers between 5 am and 8 am only