Rourkela: Sundargarh reported the highest single-day spike of 78 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, taking the affected tally to 471.
Contact tracing of apatient in Sector-16 of suspected super spreader, who had infected 49 people on Tuesday.
Basanti Colony and Golghar area in the city has been contained, informed Sundergarh collector Nikhil Pawan Kalyan.
“COVID-19 cases have been detected in Golghar area of Steel Township and Basanti Colony area and it requires detailed measures for active contact tracing. To facilitate this, it is necessary to make this area a containment zone and to restrict the public from entering into and going out of the containment zone,” an official notification said.
L Entire Barack — 4 area
1. The street starting from quarter number DM – 20 to DM – 29
2. The street starting from quarter number DM-3 to DM-13
3. The roads connecting the main road of the above-mentioned boundaries will also remain closed
4. The street starting from quarter number FE-121 to FE – 133
5. Leprosy Pada main gate will remain closed
“All vehicular movement, movement of public transport and personal movement will be stopped. All the inhabitants within the containment zone will strictly remain at home. All shopping establishments will be closed immediately. The supply of essentials goods and medical requirements will be ensured through various teams formed by the Town Services Department, Rourkela Steel Plant, SAIL-Rourkela,” it added.