If you regularly follow Odisha Bytes, you can easily answer most of the questions from the “Sunday Quiz”.
There won”t be any Prize Money this edition onward; however, the Quiz will continue. Keep enhancing your Knowledge & test your Current Affairs Quotient.
Of course, all the participants will get a Free E-Book, which will be a compilation of all the edition questions at the end of 2019.
If you are preparing for any competitive examinations like Banking, Law (CLAT), IAS, OAS, other MBA examinations, this practice will help you a lot to do well in your exams while dealing with GK question papers.
Here are the questions of this Edition of “Sunday Quiz”. Do send your answers by 11 pm on October 26 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IUCN usually comes out with a vulnerable-species Red List, e.g. Olive Ridley turtles. Expand IUCN?
2. Which Odisha-based sportsperson is associated with the sports brand, Puma & is featured in the ad film, “Propah Lady”?
3. Which Odisha-based spaceship designer is featured among the BBC’s 100 most inspiring & influential women around the world in 2019?
4. Who honoured actress Vidya Balan with the “Youth Icon” award?
5. Who from Odisha clinched a Bronze Medal at the ongoing National Sub Junior & Junior weightlifting championship in Gaya?
6. Which Singer/Artist has turned into a producer for a documentary that traces her journey as a rock star & her music of protest?
7. The upcoming movie “Patnagarh” is based upon which case of Odisha?
8. Amazon affiliate seller Appario retail is a JV between Amazon & _______?
9. Which Indian American is also a joint winner with two others of the 2019 Nobel Economics Prize?
10. What is Odisha’s rank in the India Innovation Index 2019 released by Niti Ayog?
Last Edition Answers:
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has attached assets worth Rs. 4025 Crore of which Odisha based company last week?
Ans: Bhushan Power & Steel
2. Virat Kohli with his double century in the second test against South Africa at Pune had broken Don Bradman’s record last week. What was the record?
Ans: Most 150 plus scores as Captain
3. Which bi-lingual upcoming movie is based upon the sensational postal bomb case of Odisha featuring actors like Manoj Mishra, Atul Kukarni in lead roles?
4.This actor who is known for his portrayal as Robert in the movie “Andaz Apna Apna” or Kalia in “Sholay” expired last week.Name the actor referred here.
Ans: Viju Khote
5.Who won the Nobel Peace Prize 2019 for his efforts to resolve the long-running conflict with neighbouring foe Eritrea.
Ans: Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed
6.Which Typhoon is creating a havoc currently in Japan?
7.Which proposed merger was canceled by Reserve Bank of India(RBI)?
Ans:The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has rejected the merger proposal of Indiabulls Housing Finance and Lakshmi Vilas bank (LVB)
8.Which cricketer posted the highest List-A score in Indian domestic cricket?
Ans: Sanju Samson posted the highest List-A score in Indian domestic cricket when he smashed an unbeaten 212 for Kerala against Goa in the Vijay Hazare Trophy at the Alur grounds
9.When is International Day of Girl Child is observed?
Ans: October 11
10.Who becomes the youngest entrant into the Forbes India Rich List 2019?
Ans: Byju Raveendran