Five Key Takeaways From Amit Shah Speech In Mayurbhanj
Mayurbhanj: On the last day of campaigning in Odisha, BJP president Amit Shah on Saturday lashed out at the ruling BJD government, accusing it of perpetrating violence during polls to terrorise opponents.
Five key takeaways from his speech:
1. Odisha is following Bengal, which is known for violence during elections. The BJD government is resorting to violent activities for electoral gains. This will not succeed.
2. “Naveen Babu, your days are over”, the BJP president thundered at the rally, appealing to voters to uproot the “corrupt” government.
3. Raising the issue of chit fund scam, he said all the accused will be put behind bars within 90 days of the BJP government coming to power in the state.
4. The BJP president said his government in Odisha will pump in Rs one lakh crore for strengthening the irrigation system. He said they have given Rs 6,000 under the district mineral welfare fund for the uplift of the tribal populace.
5. Raking up the issue of national security, he asserted that no force on earth can separate Kashmir from India. He also slammed the stands of separatist leaders such as Yasin Malik, demanding strong action against them.