Sunday Quiz With Quizmaster Manas Nayak
The all-correct answers entries for last week are from Aundhati Patra, Sagarika Dash, Dibya Sahoo, Subham Samal and Mukti Swaroop Pradhan.
The lucky winner of the last edition of “Sunday Quiz” is Subham Samal. Congratulations to you. Kindly share your bank account details at email@example.com
If you are regularly following Odishabytes, you will be able to answer most of the questions from the “Sunday Quiz” easily.
Here are the questions of this Edition of “Sunday Quiz”.Do send your answers by 11 PM on June 12 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Lucky winner among the all-correct answers entries will receive a cash prize Rs 500. All the best.
1.Who is the newly elected World Customs officer?(He is a senior Odia IRS officer)
2.Who has been appointed as the as the director of the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG)? (A proud Odia Professor of Economy)
3.Which Trinamool MP was in the news for her alleged plagiarism from an article published in the Washington Monthly on January 31, 2017, titled ‘Warning Signs of Fascism’?
(Zee editor claimed she borrowed her speech from this article. However, the author of the article, Martin Longman, gave her a clean chit on a Twitter post later.)
4. On whose honour does India celebrate National Doctors’ Day on July 1?
5. Which Kashmir-born Dangal fame actress quit acting & came out with a statement that “my relationship with my religion was threatened” & has been severely trolled in
social media for such a controversial remark?
6. Which Indian middle order batsman declared his retirement from all forms of cricket after being ignored by the team, though he was in the official standby list for
the on going World Cup & not being sent as a replacement of injured Vijay Shankar?
7. Who has created a new record of the highest number of centuries scored in a world cup by an Indian in the 50 over format?
8. CIA tweeted they were also affected by the outage, and joked that they didn’t cause it. They added, “Did you try turning it off & on again?” Which incident were they referring to?
9. Which city of Odisha observes the unique ritual of throwing Sraddha ladoos at devotees as prasad before the chariot is pulled during Rath Yatra from Nandighosha?
10. Which cricketer has become the first player in history to score more than 500 runs and take 10 wickets in a single World Cup campaign?
11. Which scheme declared by the Union Finance Minister in the Budget 2019 will ensure fixed monthly pension to 10 crore unorganized sector workers?
Last Edition Answers:
1.Which former Public servant was elected unopposed from Odisha as a Rajyasabha MP recently?
Ans: Ashwini Vaishnav
2.Google Map introduced a feature aimed at people travelling in auto-rickshaws & taxis.This will notify users if they go off route. Which feature are we talking about?
3.Which iconic Industrial Designer, who shaped the look of iPod to iPhone, will step down from Apple later this year?
Ans: Jony Ive
4. With the on-going trade war between China and USA, which American courier company refused to deliver Huawei phone last week?
5.Who is the current Finance Minister of Odisha?
Ans: Niranjan Pujari
6.Who is elected as the new Deputy Speaker of Odisha Assembly?
Ans: Rajnikant Singh
7. Which RBI Deputy Director resigned six months before the end of tenure following other such goodbyes, indicating a troubled equation with the government?
Ans: Viral Acharya
8. Why are four nurses of Malkangiri District Headquarters Hospital in the news recently?
Ans: They have been asked to go on compulsory leave for making Tik Tok videos
9.Which 2017 lynching victim from Rajasthan is now chargesheeted for cattle smuggling?
Ans: Pehlu Khan
10. Its origins started with the sale of locks after Ardeshir reading news reports about rising burglaries in Mumbai. Which Indian Business house are we talking about?
Ans: Godrej Group